[Xen-users] redhat native vs. redhat on XCP

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Boris Quiroz <bquiroz.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 17:13:36 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:14:18 -0800

Hi list,

Next week I'll receive a couple of IBM M2 servers. The team wanted to
test a DomU with RHEL 5  virtualized on XCP vs a RHEL 5 native,
installed directly to the servers. Does anybody has done this test
before?

We'll test a java web application (online banking), and we basically
want to see which environment will process more TPS (transactions per
second), which is directly related to disk I/O. Both servers has
identical hardware, with 15k rpm disks.

Do I have to modify something in the XCP config? I think (and want)
XCP will win.. What should I expect? Will the difference in TPS be
notorious?

Thanks.

--
@cereal_bars