RE: [Xen-users] Which distro to use for Dom0

On Thursday, January 13, 2011 11:41 AM CST, Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

More to the point: OpenSuSE appears to be the community flavor of SLES,
just as Fedora is the community variant of RHEL.

If I were to reject SLES due to cost in favor of Fedora, presumably I'd
reject RHEL for the same reasons, and it would be silly to ignore
OpenSuSE.

-Jeff

We don't have any money for ANY OS so, yes I would have to dismiss RHEL for Fedora. And I do that already. All of our machines here run either Centos, Fedora, or Ubuntu. We do have a windows 2008R2 server that we were able to purchase with grant money for a project but it limited us to only windows.

I will look into the OpenSuse project and see if it will do what we want. I have not used any Suse distro in about 13 years so it may take some re-learning!

--

Donny B.

MDAH