[Xen-users] DomU and xorg

  • To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Net Warrior <netwarrior863@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:07:33 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 18:08:54 -0800

Hi there

I'm having an issue trying to install DomU with xorg support.

When I install , fedora in this case,  and the I boot from the
installation media, an iso image in this case, I can boot into graphical
mode,
I mean, after completing installation, I reboot, then from the boot menu
I chose to boot up from the local drive, so go so far, and I can even
create a xorg.cong.new with X -configure..

But, when I boot drectly using the DomU config file and not the
installation, I cannot load X, it complaing that there are no screen
found cuz there are no devices, lspci shows nothing...

(EE) module ABI major version (6) doesn't match the server's version (7)
(EE) Failed to load module "ast" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) module ABI major version (6) doesn't match the server's version (7)
(EE) Failed to load module "apm" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

-> No devices to configure.  Configuration failed.

And now I wonder what the difference is when I boot from  the installer
that it can see the devices, and can get into graphical mode, so at the
moment I'm using that methood, booting from the installation media, then
select boot from local disk, but that's not the idea.

Any advice really appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards