Re: [Xen-users] Pinning cpu's still suggested practice?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Back when we were first setting up our xen systems, it was recommended
> practice to pin the cpu's on your DomUs instead of allowing xen to manage
> them.
>
> Is this still the suggested practice?

IIRC the recommendation was not to pin domU to a certain CPU, but
rather give dom0 a dedicated cpu/core, by:
- set dom0 cpu to 1
- pin dom0 cpu to cpu0
- set domUs to use cpus other than cpu0

So in essence let Xen manage which cpu domU will run on, as long as
it's not cpu0.

--
Fajar