Re: [Xen-users] debian squeeze released.

  • To: Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 01:05:21 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 16:06:26 -0800

Hi,

2011/2/6 Mauro <mrsanna1@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Do you know if squeeze has xen support?
I have written up most of the issues I encountered with a
lenny->squeeze Xen upgrade yesterday.

http://deranfangvomende.wordpress.com/2011/02/07/howto-updating-hetzner-rootserver-with-raidlvmxen-from-debian-lenny-to-debian-squeeze/

Disclaimer: It might not be in the most politically correct fashion.
My patience ran thin after some while, as almost all the issues I ran
into had been documented months ago. Additionally, having no console
access to the server things were a bit discouraging.

My advice, nonetheless, is to reinstall if you have sufficient
bandwidth to move your VMs off the Xen host.

Flo

--
the purpose of libvirt is to provide an abstraction layer hiding all
xen features added since 2006 until they were finally understood and