Re: [Xen-users] domU ips with out dom0

Thanks a lot, I really admire how active xen user list is..

i will try and update later.

BR
Zeeshan

On 02/16/2011 07:46 PM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Zeeshan Ali Shah<zashah@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I have a little strange problem.

I have two eth0 and eth1 on dom0 , eth1 is private .

on dom0 i dont want to allocate IP ln eth0 but want domUs to use it as
bridge with Ips.

does it make sense ? any suggestion ?

--

It very well makes sense and as other people have pointed out I also
want to say that use a gui

# The primary network interface
auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.14
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.1.0
        broadcast 192.168.1.255
        gateway 192.168.1.10
        # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
        dns-nameservers 192.168.13.2
        dns-search myserver.net
        bridge_ports eth2
        bridge_fd 9
        bridge_hello 2
        bridge_maxage 12
        bridge_stp off

if you note above output I am using eth2 i.e. third lan card in my
bridge I believe that if I want to use my other lan cards
then in line where I mention

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual

I will replace the word manual by static (or what ever relevant)
and then write rest of the configuration.
I will recommend you  this page to understand what the word inet
manual in above line refers to
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/lucid/man5/interfaces.5.html

Make sure you do not bring the other lan card with this bridge so as
to be a part of your private network.

--
Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah
System Administrator
PDC-Center for High Performance Computing
KTH-Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
+46 8 790 9115