Re: [Xen-users] how to begin with xen

  • To: Randy Katz <rkatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Wenda Ni <wonda.ni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:36:00 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:37:40 -0800

Try virt-install

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Randy Katz <rkatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I have the base xen installed on CentOS 5.5 and have started xend.
I am used to OpenVZ and the docs and examples with Xen to create
a VM are completely unclear. Why would I want to create a vm without a network?
Why isn't there a clear example of how to do things, or did I just miss that? Does everyone
use a gui, I am used to not using a gui, not sure how everything is done, the storage space
configuration seems obtuse as well. Can someone please point me in a good direction, thanks, I
just want to setup a few vms with a CentOS 5.5 template (or os) and then move on the creating
a few with debian and/or ubuntu, etc...

Thank you in advance,
Randy

Cheers,

Wenda Ni, Ph.D.
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo
T: 716 982 6746