[Xen-users] how to begin with xen

Hi, I have the base xen installed on CentOS 5.5 and have started xend.
I am used to OpenVZ and the docs and examples with Xen to create
a VM are completely unclear. Why would I want to create a vm without a network? Why isn't there a clear example of how to do things, or did I just miss that? Does everyone use a gui, I am used to not using a gui, not sure how everything is done, the storage space configuration seems obtuse as well. Can someone please point me in a good direction, thanks, I just want to setup a few vms with a CentOS 5.5 template (or os) and then move on the creating
a few with debian and/or ubuntu, etc...

Thank you in advance,
Randy