[Xen-users] Pipe vm-export to vm-import is there a solution?

Hi,

I'm currently runing two citrix xen server 4.0.1. I read that it was possible to export to standard out and import from standard in.

This was the solution provided on the forums

# xe vm-export vm=test.vm filename= | ssh xen2 "xe vm-import filename=/dev/stdin"

it returns immediately with

Operation failed. Error: No such file or directory: open, .

and then prompts for the ssh password

Is this unsupported in the version of xen I am running? Is there some information I can gather to really determine whether it is supported or not? Assuming it is supported in a newer version; Could I upgrade my tools to that version without upgrading my kernels?

In an attempt to get around this problem I tried this

#mkfifo /etc/xenexport

# xe vm-export vm=test.vm filename=/etc/xenexport; cat /etc/xenexport | ssh xen2 "xe vm-import filename=/dev/stdin"

This returned a different error at least.

Operation failed. Error: File exists: open, /etc/xenexport.

Has anyone wrestled with this before? Thank you.