Re: [Xen-users] Can't boot HVM Linux guests on Debian Squeeze Dom0

On 3/9/2011 5:20 PM, Garrett Robinson wrote:
Success! I was able to boot my HVM sarge guest after making two changes.

The first repaired a simple mistake - I had partitioned a single disk image using the installer in qemu with a swap and an everything else partition. The "Domain not found" error went away as soon as I replaced the erroneous "hda1" with "hda" in the disk parameter.

Shoot, I missed that, too.

The second is more of a long-standing problem. In order to get the guest to boot, I need to completely disable networking by commenting out the vif=[] line. Trying to use networking, even with the defaults, results in the "xenbr0 not found" error seen earlier in /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-sarge.

That's one that I still don't quite get, but must have something to do with broken networking scripts.

Another question I have is this: had anybody had any luck using tap:aio on Xen4.0/Debian? Simply replacing "file:" with "tap:aio" did not work. I would love to take advantage of the efficiency of the aio driver, so any advice with regards to this would be appreciated!

Try "tap2:tapdisk:aio:" -- it should work, in 4.0.1. Failing that, try "tap:tapdisk:aio".

-John