[Xen-users] OProfile on Dom0. Problem with starting daemon

Dear experts,

to monitor performance of applications on our private clouds I decided to use Xenoprof. For that, I installed patched OProfile 0.9.5 on Dom0 and DomU. Then, I started the daemon on Dom0

opcontrol --start-daemon --active-domains=1 --separate=library --event=LLC_MISSES:90000

and received the following error:

/usr/local/bin/opcontrol: line 1171: echo write error: invalid arguments
Using 2.6+ OProfile kernel interface.
Using log file /var/lib/oprofile/samples/oprofiled.log
Daemon started.

Actually, I am able to monitor one event. Then, to monitor another event I do shutdown of daemon and opcontrol. Afterwards, I could not start opcontrol any more on DomU. Maybe the aforementioned error causes that?

Do you have any ideas about that?

Configuration of the clouds:
1. Hardware: CPU: Xeon X5530(2.4GHz, 8MB) X 2;
2. Operating System: CentOS 5.4 x86_64;
4. Kernel: 2.6.18-164.el5xen;
5. Xen: xen-3.03.-94.el5;
6. Instance: Xeon X5530(2.4GHz, 8MB) X 2, 12GB of RAM.

Thank you,
Roman Iakymchuk
--
Best regards,