Re:RE: [Xen-users] Xen on Сluster File System

yes, but  i do not know  gfs2 ,ocfs2 , which is better? both use SAN,not local storage

At 2011-03-14 20:49:29,"Jeff Sturm" <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GFS2 is normally used with a SAN.  It's a file system technology, and does not provide networked storage.  I think OCFS2 is similar.

How do you intend to cluster the local storage nodes?  DRBD works well for 2 nodes, but it sounds like you have more.

-Jeff

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sybasesql@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 8:18 AM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen on Сluster File System

Dear All.

I have a new project to create a real big xen cluster on many supermicro twin2u2 servers.

The main types of services will be cloud computing and cloud data storage, like amazon ec2 and s3.

For cloud data storage I plan to use a cluster file system, which will be located on the same xen servers.

Each compute node will have 3TB of SAS2 data storage in Hardware RAID 10 with BBU (6 x 2.5" 1TB SAS2).

Using the cluster file system due to the fact that I want to achieve maximum data reliability through redundancy storage sites on xen nodes and in case of failure of one node to redirect the clients who use it to other nodes until the replacement of failure node.

- Does anyone have a similar experience to run xen cluster on cluster file system?

- What is the cluster file system is better to use: OCFS2, GFS, LUSTRE, others?

- Will there be any problems with disk IO capacity and CPU usage when using a cluster file system?

- If this solution is not suitable, what solution can be used as an alternative (SAN/NAS with iSCSI or something else)?

Thanks in advance.