RE: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 HVM 2008R2 Citrix PV Drivers

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 03:18:06PM -0500, Keith Coleman wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Roy T. Collins
> > <RTC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Do you have any info on what might be needed?  I have been searching the
> list archives and google and I cant seem to find any leads on what to look
> for.  Any points would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > There must not be many on the list that are using the Citrix PV drivers.
> >
> > XCP 0.1.1 winpv drivers work on xen.org 3.4.3 and 4.x.
> >
> > XCP 0.5 and 1.0beta drivers work with some extra effort. Execute the
> > following commands in dom0 when Windows hangs on boot:
> > xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/console/[domU_id]
> > xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vfb/[domU_id]
> >
> > Eventually I'll submit a patch so the newer XCP drivers will just work.
> >

> A patch for this would be very much appreciated!

Is the timing of the 'xenstore-rm' command critical? If not you could put it in
a shell script in /usr/lib/xen/bin that calls qemu-dm and call that from your
script file instead. I do that when I want to turn off log throttling eg:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/xenstore-write /local/domain/$2/log-throttling 0
exec /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm $@

just replace my call to xenstore-write with your calls to xenstore-rm

Of course if the timing is critical and it has to be done when windows hangs it
will be a bit harder...

James