Re: [Xen-users] Re: i can't create a virtual machine from the gui virtual manager of centos5.5)

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 9:53 AM, PrideFight <fengchang.fight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>doesn't support Ubuntu PV???
>
> it's the the centos virtual-manager itself that had given me this option
> ubuntu9.0.4? how could it not support ubuntu? Excuse me, because i'm a fish
> of virtualization tech.

If you want accurate and timely answers, get redhat support, post a
support ticket on RHN.

RH's virt-manager support all kinds of OS when running as HVM. When
running as PV, libvirt needs to determine which distro based on
directory structure/file availability, and then determine where are
the install kernel initrd and necessary boot options for install.

AFAIK the determination process doesn't work for Ubuntu (I might be
wrong, do some testing yourself). It works just fine for
Fedora/RHEL/Centos (and possibly some other distro like Debian)

--
Fajar