Re: [Xen-users] Expanding a virtual block device

On 5/2/11 2:42 PM, Vivien Bernet-Rollande wrote:

>> I tried this and it's actually not a Xen issue. A resized volume in dom0
>> (even on DRBD :) ) is noticed by the domU.
>> So if your disk was 100G before and you add another 100G, fdisk(in domU)
>> will report a 200G disk after the resize in dom0.
>>
> This is interesting, as it is not the behaviour I have observed.

[...]
> Are you sure the experience you are describing happens without a reboot
> ? And if so, how are your virtual block devices configured ? Are you
> using "phy", "file", "tap:aio", or something else ?

I use:
- ubuntu 10.04
- xen 4.0.1
- 2.6.32 pvops kernel
- lvm OR lvm+drbd (tried both) in dom0
- configured domU disk with "phy"
- pv-on-hvm drivers in domU (xen-blkfront etc...)

After I resized the volume (with the domU running) I got a kernel
message in the domU saying that a disk resize was detected.

The disk was now bigger, but the partition on that disk must still be
adjusted.

Mark