Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.0, multiple network interfaces, network-bridge failing to create multiple bridges

root@cen:~# /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth0
root@cen:~# /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth1

only creates the eth0 bridge.

There is a check in the script that prevents it from creating more than
one bridge:

(...)
op_start () {
(...)
   if [ `brctl show | wc -l` != 1 ]; then
        return
   fi

Why ? Is that a bug, a feature, or is it something that came in in the
process of building Xen ? Did I miss something somewhere ?

Networking in Xen 4.1+ has changed:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/MigrationGuideToXen4.1%2B

See also:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HostConfiguration/Networking
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen4.1

I see. But I did not upgrade, I installed from fresh. Does it mean that
the /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge script is obsolete ?

Is there some info/example on how to set up networking in Xen 4.1 that
is not distribution-specific ? So far, the most helpful for me was the
diagram in http://libvirt.org/archnetwork.html together with the
network-bridge script itself.

And one more question: how can I tell which document in xenwiki applies
to which version of Xen ?

Thanks,

Jan