Re: [Xen-users] Live migration on xen 4.0.1 fails (works on 4.1)

On 05/02/2011 12:34 PM, Mark Dokter wrote:
> On 05/02/2011 05:47 AM, Todd Deshane wrote:
>>
>> Is this still an issue or was it resolved with the natty release?
>>
>> If it still isn't working you may want to post detailed setup and
>> errors to the xen-devel mailing list.
>>

> Unfortunately, it's still an issue. I'll continue discussing this issue
> on xen-devel when I have my second 4.1 box up and running (then I can
> test migration from 4.0.1 <=> 4.1 and 4.1 <=> 4.1)

Whatever caused my earlier migration attemts to fail is now gone with
two xen 4.1 boxes and a recent domU kernel (debian unstable 2.6.38).

My test setup is now:

1 debian squeeze dom0 box with xen 4.1 from debian unstable and
linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64

1 ubuntu natty dom0 box with recompiled xen 4.1 debian unstable packages
and a self compiled dom0 kernel from the 2.6.32-stable git.

With this setup I tested migration with file:/<pathto>/domU.img
configuration and nfs shared storage and with a
phy:/<pathto-drbd-device> (dual primary) setup. Both methods seem to
work fine with my debian-unstable test-domU. With a debian squeeze
(2.6.32 distribution kernel) the migration works on the xen-dom0 part,
but the domU kernel doesn't seem to handle the save/restore too well and
freezes.

> The natty 2.6.39rc4 and rc5 don't boot at all in my domU. Standard natty
> works fine.

Didn't have time to test any new 2.6.39rc* images...

cheers,
Mark