Re: [Xen-users] domUs don't boot correctly to end

Hi,

On Mon, May 23, Mike Fröhner wrote:

> since I upgraded from xen-2.6.34-r1 / xen-4.0.0 to xen-2.6.38 /
> xen-4.1.0 on gentoo, I got the problem, that if I boot many domU in
> a short time (like 10 domU in 5 seconds) some of them won't start
> the login-shell after initing local. It is also not possible to
> access them via ssh. At my last test, 3 of 9 domU got that problem.
> After "xm destroy domU" and "xm start domU" again they booted
> correctly and started the login-shell.
>
> Does anybody know about this problem? I really need them all to
> start up to end.

I've had the same problem after upgrade my Dom0 from opensuse 11.3 to
opensuse11.4.

My workaround was to increase the XENDOMAINS_CREATE_USLEEP parameter in
the /etc/sysconfig/xendomains file.

Maybe your distribution have an equivalent start script, where you can
increase the time betweeen starting each domU.

--
Best regards

  Dieter Bloms

From field.