Re: [Xen-users] Xen on IBM and HAL...

Hello Adam,

On 5/23/11 11:24 AM, Adam Hunter wrote:

Good morning, I have what I hope to be a simple question to answer..

I have some software that I would like to run, that requires x86 32-bit architecture. However I have been presented with IBM P560 C Type platform (Power chips). Is it possible to run Xen on this hardware and provide a hardware layer that looks like x86 32-bit for the software?

No, that's not possible. Xen doesn't emulate x86, it only virtualizes it, just like the hypervisor does on your P560. You could try to compile qemu (http://qemu.org) under AIX. But performance will probably suck big time. Just buy a separate machine for your x86 software. As you have a P560, cost should not be a big problem for you :-)

Good luck,
Thomas