Re: [Xen-users] Disk Usages

On 16/06/2011 22:14, Florian Heigl wrote:
Hi,

I am aware that I can throttle a DomU's disk usage by using ionice in the
Dom0 against the correct blkback process. However, how does one actually
find out what the "offending" DomU is?
if it's enough to find out "after" the fact - meaning, when there
already IS excessive disk IO, then iotop is the very best thing since
sliced bread.
imho even better than top :)

Can  you also give
https://bitbucket.org/darkfader/black-magic/src/d14a84157990/usr/local/bin/blksched
a test run in this situation and let me know if it helps for you?

Florian

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the tips. I discovered ionice and tried to use it. It did help, however maybe for only a few minutes. However, could this be because I'm only setting the ionice parameters for the "offending" VPS?

Also, I was thinking of writing a script that could find the process ID of the blkback process so could script this to run after DomU startup. Am I only the right lines here?

Thanks