Re: [Xen-users] How to access the VM, after it had been started without SSH or VNC.

  • To: Rafael Weingartner <rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:27:47 -0400
  • Cc: Xen-user-list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:29:31 -0700

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Rafael Weingartner
<rafaelweingartner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I created a VM following those steps Installing a Debian Lenny VM from a
> network repository (using the CLI) :
> http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.0fp1/1.0/en_gb/guest.html#insalling_demo_linux_VM
>
> But after I start the VM, I don't know how to access the VM to install the
> O.S.
> The way that is written in the tutorial made me think that in the xen prompt
> I should be able to use the VM. But it is not happening. After I run the
> start command I am getting the xen server prompt.
> I can see that the VM is running, but I do not know how to access it.
> Do you guys know what I have to do to access the VM?

I would recommend install openxenmanager or another management tool
found on http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XCP_Projects

This page also gives a sense of more manually accessing the console:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen_Cloud_Platform:_Access_to_VM_console

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Todd