[Xen-users] XenServer : "Error picking up messages from Xen service: The data is invalid"

  • To: Xen-Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:40:51 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:41:53 -0700

Hello list!

I've asked this question back on Citrix' forum :
http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=288680

But no one from Citrix has answered, yet.

So here am I, posting the same question to the list, in the hopes that
someone can lead me to possible culprits and how to do the
troubleshooting.

The problem is simple:

After installing Citrix XenTools for VMs in Windows Server 2008 R2,
all first-time logins to the VM will pop up a dialog box containing
the error message:

> Error picking up messages from Xen service: The data is invalid

All functionalities seem okay, though (network running, hard disks
working, statistics get recorded by XenCenter, etc).

I've tried opening the firewall fully, but the error message persisted.

Now, what could be the culprit here?

Any hint would be appreciated.

Rgds,
--