Re: [Xen-users] Backup domU

Hi,

Kalil Costa - Brasilsite wrote:
I'm doing my first xen, running with 3 domU perfect.

I need to know which way to backup domU to restore these to another server if i've problem with this machine.

What I did was create a script that takes each machine in turn.

It shuts down the machine, creates an lvm snapshot and then immediately restarts the machine.

I backup off the snapshot, nice and clean, then destroy the snapshot when finished.

This process makes my DomU unavailable for a very short period of time whilst I get a full and complete, consistent backup of the DomU.

--
Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan