Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.2 unstable / squeeze 6.0.2

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Walter Robert Ditzler
<ditwal001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi xen cracks :-),

Do you mean "rocks" :) ?

> everything works fine, booting of the squeeze box, starting of the xen 4.2
> deamon, .... I have also defined the first xen guest, a debian 6.0.2 amd64,
> on a 100G lvm partition. when I start the guest, xl create server01.cfg, it
> starts the guest with the cdrom iso image attached which contains the debian
> squeeze 6.0.2 network setup.
>
> now, in the guest during the debian setup, it searches for a disk or
> partition but can't find any. does anyone have a glue why is that?

Nope, sorry. You might be able to find a GLUE in your nearest bookstore.

> do I make
> a mistake in the xen guest script which is pasted bellow this email?
>
> I really appreciate any information's, had several horrible nights behind me
> :-)

> kernel          = 'hvmloader'
> builder         = 'hvm'

If my guess is correct, this is the same problem that's affecting
other distros (including F15) when booting as HVM. See
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/Xen4-1-0-and-Fedora15-Block-device-bug-td4539767.html

Short summary: try "xen_emul_unplug=never" (though I'm not sure how
you can add that parameter during install process, ask Debian guys),
and file a bug to Debian maintainters.

--
Fajar