Re: [Xen-users] XCP Booting from SAN

On 07/12/2011 09:13 PM, Martin Smith wrote:
Thomas: Yes, if I disable the other three paths the servers boot quickly.

John: Its a SUN FLX380 storage array. Would I be looking for the drivers
for the fibre card I installed or for the SAN?

The answer should be in your multipath.conf on dom0, though I don't know what facilities XCP provides for SAN booting and such (I run CentOS 5 and it works fine there). According to this guy:

http://www.bitingbytes.de/cms/?p=15

You should be set up as RDAC, which is pretty common on these OEM'd arrays. Get it all working properly prio-wise, no errors or trespasses from the array's point of view, etc., in dom0 before worrying about the boot environment.

Has anyone worked with XCP and a RDAC SAN before? What distro is XCP based on?

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer / Office of Technology