[Xen-users] XCP 1.1 is there an xe replacement for "xm console attach"?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Joe Linoff" <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:41:06 -0700
  • Cc: Joe Linoff <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:42:18 -0700

Hi Folks:

I am trying to setup a VM on a standalone machine using XCP 1.1beta with
no internet or internal network access.

Installing XCP was a breeze but when I tried to create a guest, I could
not figure out how to attach to the VM console with the XCP tools at
hand. I figured I could do one of the following:

1. Attach it to a network and use tunneling to get a VNC session working
or
   use the https:// access provided by "xe console-list"
   That is perfectly fine but it defeats the purpose of the exercise.

2. Attach to the internet and install vncviewer onto the dom0.
   That is also perfectly fine but like #1 it defeats the purpose of the
exercise.

3. Run something like "xm console <dom-id>".
   This seemed ideal but I could not figure out how to it.

Is there analog to "xm console" in the xe command set? If so, can you
provide a hint about how to use it?

The "xe console" documentation
(http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.0sp2/1.0/en_gb/reference.html)
talks about a "vt100" protocol but I don't know what to do with it.

Best regards,

Joe