Re: [Xen-users] XCP 1.1 is there an xe replacement for "xm console attach"?

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Joe Linoff <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I am trying to setup a VM on a standalone machine using XCP 1.1beta with
> no internet or internal network access.
>
> Installing XCP was a breeze but when I tried to create a guest, I could
> not figure out how to attach to the VM console with the XCP tools at
> hand. I figured I could do one of the following:
>
> 1. Attach it to a network and use tunneling to get a VNC session working
> or
>   use the https:// access provided by "xe console-list"
>   That is perfectly fine but it defeats the purpose of the exercise.
>
> 2. Attach to the internet and install vncviewer onto the dom0.
>   That is also perfectly fine but like #1 it defeats the purpose of the
> exercise.
>
> 3. Run something like "xm console <dom-id>".
>   This seemed ideal but I could not figure out how to it.
>

> Is there analog to "xm console" in the xe command set? If so, can you
> provide a hint about how to use it?

Take a look at:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Xen_Cloud_Platform%3A_Access_to_VM_console

You need to kill the vncterm processes for the VM, but then you can
use xl console.

I think there is current ongoing work to make this situation better.

Thanks,
Todd

> The "xe console" documentation
> (http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.6.0sp2/1.0/en_gb/reference.html)
> talks about a "vt100" protocol but I don't know what to do with it.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Joe

Todd Deshane
http://www.linkedin.com/in/deshantm