Re: [Xen-users] setting max memory

On 21/07/2011 09:26, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

If you are going to be using these DomUs for anything even remotely
serious, then I would strongly advise against dynamically resizing a
Linux environment's available memory. Form personal experience, I can
categorically say that this leads to a very unstable system.

Just my 2 pence

Even without keeping beside the memory-max? I remember Having done it
too but it did not turn the system unstable AFAICT.

Does anybody have similar feelings about playing with meme making Linux
domU unstable?

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

Read the section "http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices";.
Even though that talks about Dom0, the same still applys for DomU as
they run Linux too.

That should be "read section "Why should I dedicate fixed amount of memory for Xen dom0""