Re: [Xen-users] About project Kronos

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Muriel <mucawhite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I read with pleasure the announcement of the Kronos project.
> Some time ago someone had asked if it was possible to bring xapi on debian.
> The answer had been that xapi on XCP works through changes in the os
> and this made it difficult to porting.
> So the question is: will now be able to recompile xapi on systems other
> than the official without it becoming a hell?

Yes. This is a desired side effect of project kronos.

> XCP is a great system, but when an installation already exists, it would
> be great to use xen + xapi.
> Following OpenStack we realized that the version officially supported is
> xcp /XenServer (ok ok and xen through libvirt). Having the opportunity
> to expose the same API in a different system would be perfect.
>
> That the Kronos project has as a side effect to make this easier :) ?

Yes. Debian/Ubuntu (or pick your distro and port packages, if needed)
+ xapi + xapi-openstack-plugins + openstack packages being easier is
an important goal.

Debian packages for OpenStack exists
(http://wiki.openstack.org/Packaging/Debian). You can install them on
a Debian + xapi test system even.