From: Mike McClurg [mailto:mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2011 19:11
To: Walter Robert Ditzler
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Jonathan Ludlam; Daniel Stodden
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] blktap/blktap2

On 28/07/11 16:31, Walter Robert Ditzler wrote:
> hi all,
>
> anyone here who knows if blktap and blktap2 are included in mainline
> kernel 3.0? I have it in my kernel config file included but can't get'em
to run.

> thanks a lot, walter :-)

blktap/blktap2 is not in mainline kernel, and I'm told that it will never be
accepted there. It does, however, work on Linux 3.0 (686-pae, not amd64).
Take a look at http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/debian and download and install
the blktap-dkms package. I may be wrong, but I think the source repository
for that package is on http://xenbits.xen.org. I've got to run, sorry I
can't be more help right now.

Mike