Re: [Xen-users] Qemu/Bios/Devices different in xm and xl?

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 7:32 AM, Carsten from Virtastic
<carsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've just migrated a bunch of servers from CentOS 5.6 / Xen 3.4.3 to CentOS
> 6.0 / Xen 4.1.1  (Kernel 2.6.32.43 w/ pvops, "Jeremy Edition" :))
>
> For some guests, in particular FreeBSD HVM guests, I notice a difference
> between "xm" and "xl", more precisely they fail to detect the second block
> device (LVM backend) with "xl" and terminate with kernel panic, whereas they
> start just fine with "xm". Now, "xm" is going to be deprecated soon.
>
> Does anyone know what the actual difference is? This is the domain
> configuration, which should be easy and straight-forward enough...

There are some known bugs in xl, which has been continually improved.
IMHO the best way to handle your problem is to try latest
xen-unstable, compile it, and see if it fix your problem. If not, then
report the problem to xen-devel.

--
Fajar