Re: [Xen-users] 3.0.0 and gplpv

I said:
> Rawhide kernel 3.1.0-0.rc0.git11.2.fc17.x86_64 boots correctly bare metal.
> It still reboots after the hypervisor output, tho'. It's around the time drm
> should kick in, but putting 'nomodeset' on the kernel's 'module' line has no
> effect.

>> I'll continue to try to get a dump closer to when xennet actually froze,
>> and post that. Hope this was of interest.

> Well, that was fast. xennet hung shortly after I logged in thru rdp, while
> mcafee was still looking for updates. 192.168.1.101 is the rdp client,
> 192.168.1.102 is the winxp domu. After a few rdp updates, and responses from
> the client rdp, and some internet responses, the conversation becomes one
> sided, with only the domu talking rdp, and then degenerates into a bunch of
> dns lookups.

I think the problem is solved. I tried f15's new 2.6.40-4 (renamed 3.0.0), and
the performance problems are gone. Comparing the two config files, 3.0.0 has
lots of DEBUG options (and NR_CPUS=512, instead of 256). I should have known
that would be what rawhide (now f16) would put out. I'll continue to stress
test with iperf a few more times, but it looks like this will be ok.

Thanx for your initial interest.