Re: CentOS 5.6 xen local install option greyed out (was RE: [Xen-users] Easiest OS to use for xen 4.0?)

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:48:01AM -0500, Beasley, Julien wrote:
> Just wanted to follow up that installing Cent0S 5.6 and upgrading to xen 4.0
> was fairly easy. I followed Grant McWilliam's guide with slight
> modifications. However, when I run virt-manager, and press the "New" button
> for a new VM, the option for Local install media is greyed out! The only
> available option is Network Install.
>
> Would anyone have thoughts on why the local install button would be greyed
> out? Needless to say this is problematic for creating my domU!

virt-manager only supports installing Xen PV domUs from network boot/mirror.
It's been like that always. At least Rhel/Centos/Fedora/Debian/Ubuntu
installers
can be network booted as Xen PV domU.

virt-manager allows you to install Xen HVM guests from ISO image.

-- Pasi