[Xen-users] debian wheezy interface bonding (dom0) / xen 4.1.2*

Hello Pasi,

Thank you for your hints due to my questions about interface bonding and xen HVMs. I have commented out the network-script line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp and tested a bit around (s. below):
### (network-script network-bridge)
### (network-script 'network-bridge netdev=bond0 antispoof=yes')

I have tried to use "bridge_ports bond0" and activated config for bond0 but it didn't worked as I expected. *Would you expect that such "bond0-config" also should work?*

Maybe you would like to put some parts of my config into your wiki xen-networking pages.

# /etc/network/interfaces
# ---

# Used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8). See the interfaces(5) manpage or
# /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples for more information.

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#auto bond0
#iface bond0 inet static
#    address 192.168.1.150
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    network 192.168.1.0
#    broadcast 192.168.1.255
#    gateway 192.168.1.1
#    slaves eth0 eth2
#    bond-mode active-backup
#    #bond-mode 802.3ad
#    bond-miimon 100
#    bond-downdelay 200
#    bond-updelay 200

auto xenbr0
iface xenbr0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.150
    network 192.168.1.0
    broadcast 192.168.1.255
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    bridge_ports eth0 eth2
    #bridge_ports bond0

#auto bond1
#iface bond1 inet static
#    address 10.0.1.150
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    network 10.0.1.0
#    broadcast 10.0.1.255
#    gateway 10.0.1.1
#    slaves eth1 eth3
#    bond-mode active-backup
#    #bond-mode 802.3ad
#    bond-miimon 100
#    bond-downdelay 200
#    bond-updelay 200

auto xenbr1
iface xenbr1 inet static
    address 10.0.1.150
    network 10.0.1.0
    broadcast 10.0.1.255
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    gateway 10.0.1.1
    bridge_ports eth1 eth3
    #bridge_ports bond1

#auto xenbr0
#iface xenbr0 inet static
#    bridge_ports eth0 eth2
#    address 192.168.1.150
#    broadcast 192.168.1.255
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    gateway 192.168.1.1

#auto xenbr1
#iface xenbr1 inet static
#    bridge_ports eth1
#    address 192.168.1.151
#    broadcast 192.168.1.255
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    gateway 192.168.1.1
#
#auto xenbr2
#iface xenbr2 inet static
#    bridge_ports eth2
#    address 10.0.1.152
#    broadcast 10.0.1.255
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    gateway 10.0.1.1
#
#auto xenbr3
#iface xenbr3 inet static
#    bridge_ports eth3
#    address 10.0.1.153
#    broadcast 10.0.1.255
#    netmask 255.255.255.0
#    gateway 10.0.1.1

# ---

root@xen411dom0:/ftp/HVM# brctl show
xenbr0          8000.b499bac12736       no              eth0
                                                        eth2
                                                        vif4.0
                                                        vif5.0
xenbr1          8000.b499bac12738       no              eth1
                                                        eth3
                                                        vif5.1

root@xen411dom0:/ftp/HVM# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Domain-0 0 1536 2 r----- 527.2 squeezehvm.born2b3.net 4 8192 4 -b---- 14.9 wheezyhvm.born2b3.net 5 8192 8 -b---- 23.3