[Xen-users] Re: debian wheezy interface bonding (dom0) / xen 4.1.2*

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 11:16:09PM +0200, Mark Schneider wrote:
> Hello Pasi,
>
> Thank you for your hints due to my questions about interface bonding and
> xen HVMs.
> I have commented out the network-script line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp
> and tested a bit around (s. below):
> ### (network-script network-bridge)
> ### (network-script 'network-bridge netdev=bond0 antispoof=yes')
>
> I have tried to use "bridge_ports bond0" and activated config for bond0
> but it didn't worked as I expected. *Would you expect that such
> "bond0-config" also should work?*

You should do one step at a time.

First get the bond0 working without any Xen stuff.
When bond0 works from dom0, then add bond0 to the bridge.

> Maybe you would like to put some parts of my config into your wiki
> xen-networking pages.
>

> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet static
>     address 192.168.1.150
>     network 192.168.1.0
>     broadcast 192.168.1.255
>     netmask 255.255.255.0
>     gateway 192.168.1.1
>     bridge_ports eth0 eth2
>     #bridge_ports bond0

This looks dangerous. Having both eth0 and eth2 in the same
bridge could cause a loop in the network!

-- Pasi