Re: [Xen-users] xcp licence and yum update/upgrade

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Tobias Dinse
<tobias.dinse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried do compile drbd for xcp 1.1b but it cant install some needed
> packages from yum because "yum update" and "yum install" always fails with
> the same error which was written by Menox on 01/11/2010:

You need to enable the proper yum repo and disable the Citrix updates one.

As an example of the repo to enable see:
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServerDevelopment#Prepare_XenServer

> On the last Post in this "thread" on
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-01/msg00263.html is
> a link for a licence problem fix. My licence is still active so it must be
> an other error? Where I can get an longer Licence? Isnt xcp free? I m a
> little bit confused now.

There is a fix for this issue coming with the next 1.1 RC, there is a
workaround for now:

http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=xcp+license+expiry+state.db#query:xcp%20license%20expiry%20state.db+page:1+mid:pepibjrn2r3mztoc+state:results

> Any Idea why I cant use yum? Can someone post me his Config file with the
> URL?

You won't be able to use yum for the updates yet. Project Kronos [1]
is working on debian package support and Fedora/CentOS is likely to
follow, which would make it easier to support a yum update.

Thanks,
Todd

[1] http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2011/07/22/project-kronos/

--