[Xen-users] Guest launches manually OK, not on System reboot when config is in /etc/xen/auto ?

Hi,

I've gotten my 1st VM up & running mostly the way I want it.

I can bring it up/down from the shell command line with no problems.

All it's services, networking, etc seem to be working right.

As a next step,  I set it up for auto-launch on boot:

cd /etc/xen/auto
ln -sf /etc/xen/vm/mail.cfg .

Then I rebooted my system.

The Dom0 starts OK, but there's no Guest launched.  I jsut see

xm list
 Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
 Time(s)
 Domain-0                                     0  1010     1     r-----
   47.0

Reading online how to debug this I tried to restart the 'xendomains'
service:

service xendomains stop
 Shutting down Xen domains
 WARNING: xend is running! It is not recommended using libxenlight in
 conjunction with the legacy xend toolstack. Use -f (force) to override
 WARNING: xend is running! It is not recommended using libxenlight in
 conjunction with the legacy xend toolstack. Use -f (force) to override
                       done

service xendomains start
 Starting auto Xen domains
  mail.cfg: WARNING: xend is running! It is not recommended using
  libxenlight in
  conjunction with the legacy xend toolstack. Use -f (force) to override
 WARNING: xend is running! It is not recommended using libxenlight in
 conjunction with the legacy xend toolstack. Use -f (force) to override
                       failed

At this point there's no Guest launched:

xm list
 Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
 Time(s)
 Domain-0                                     0  1010     1     r-----
   50.0

A manual launch still works fine:

xm create /etc/xen/auto/mail.cfg
 Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/mail.cfg".
xm list
 Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
 Time(s)
 Domain-0                                     0  1010     1     r-----
   53.9
 mail                                         1  1024     2     -b----
    8.0

Since I can boot the Guest manually but it's not getting booted
automatically, what should I be looking at here?

Time to start learning how to debug this stuff!

Thanks,

Greg