Re: [Xen-users] Storage Recommendations

HTH Christian

Am 23.09.2011 um 13:50 schrieb Daniel Castro:

> Hello,
>
> We are going to buy some NFS storage for 6-8 VMs on a single host, but
> want to expand to a second host.
> What storage recommendations would you give if you have between 2000
> and 5000 USD?
>
> How about nexenta? what hardware would you use? any vendor?
>
> Experiences with openfiler and opennas?

We have build our own Storage with cheap SATA Disks and Areca-Controller.
I have used Openfiler for iSCSI some years (it ran 2 years without reboot or
error, 742 days up ;-). Very stable and easy to configure.
Now we use Fibrechannel and manage it with Open-e. The only Management-Software
I found with Support for FC. I also tried freeNAS. But it is not based on
Linux, that's why I prefer Openfiler.