Re: [Xen-users] Problem creating a domU using virt-install: --connect issue

On 4 October 2011 22:46, Scott Meyers <scottmeyers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I thought you were using CentOS powered server.
No problem!

> Are you trying to create "CentOS" DomU GUEST on top of a Gentoo Dom0?
Yes.

> I am not familiar with Gentoo. I created CentOS v5.7 and 6.0 on top of a my
> CentOS Dom0.
I think it should be the same thing apart from the fact that I can't
use virt-install on
Gentoo now.

> I was also able to install Ubuntu v11.04 DomU GUEST on top of
> CentOS Dom0. So, I have 3 DomUs with 3 different OSs running on CentOS Dom0.
Instead, I only have a Debian domU and Gentoo domU.
I use .img files. How do you think I can setup an Ubuntu or CentOS domU in some
alternate way than virt-install?

I always used debootstrap for debian and the classic installation mode
for Gentoo (manual).

--
Flavio