Re: [Xen-users] small cluster storage configuration?

Bart Coninckx wrote:
On 10/10/11 22:35, Miles Fidelman wrote:

I just looked at GlusterFS and VastSky - these seems to be aimed at aggregating storage located across different servers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to me the opposite of what you are looking for: you want HA, so data needs to be replicated to be available via different servers, right?

goal:
- 16 disks spread across 4 servers -> one storage pool
- files, logical volumes, VM images, etc. available from any server (e.g., via a cluster FS) - replicate data across servers/drives to insulate from disk/server failures (ideal, survive 2 node outage)
- auto-migrate VMs (and associated IP addresses) on node failure