RE: [Xen-users] dedicated interface

 <bwang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was trying to find something other than pciPassThrough stuff. The interface I am trying to bind to does not have a pci ID since it's not a hardware backed interface.

Bind the interface to a new bridge, connect a VIF to the same bridge. You then have the VIF and the interface bound together, but not accessible to anything else (unless you also specifically give them access to the bridge). Bear in mind that on some distros, if you don't assign an IP address to an interface, you may have to manually bring it up (set it's state to up).
--
Simon Hobson