Re: [xen-users] mailing list.

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 13:22 -0400, Andrew Wells wrote:
> Can you set the reply-to parameter to the xen-user list. This would
> make things easier for a lot of people, and would stop me from
> replying directly to people.

This is a religious issue, in that it will come up sooner or later on
every mailing list, regardless of the way that particular list is set. I
personally hate reply-to-list, as I have occasionally posted things that
were intended as private replies to the entire list, sometimes to great
embarrassment. Yes it's my mistake, but so is it yours to reply
privately when you meant to post to the list. I think the consequences
of the former are potentially FAR worse than the latter, so I come
firmly down on the side of hating reply-to-list. But you will find those
who argue just as passionately the other way.

--Greg