Re: [Xen-users] kernel module responsible for a graceful shutdown in a HVM guest

On 11/01/11 02:36, Florian Heigl wrote:
Hi,

2011/10/31 Bart Coninckx<bart.coninckx@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Any other ideas besides the suggestion of this helpful sir?

Fix the pacemaker OCF script from Pacemaker to use the triggers for
HVM domU and commit it back to the OCF people.
This will help everyone.

Even "grownup" cluster software like Veritas will not come with
ressource agents that do this out correctly of the box.

Florian

Hi Florian,

I actually thought about this, and if it's the only option, we'll go for that one.

Two possible problems with it though:

- RPM updates will destroy the change
- The RA should not be changed for PV domains (which now there are not). There are however also Windows DomU with GPLPV drivers. Not sure what this shutdown does to them.

I think I will "fix" these two issues by simply copying the RA to a second name. Anyway, I will test your suggestion, thx again!

B.