Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with 'xl create winxp' (hvm) on xen 4.1.2 (also affects GPLPV)

On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 19:00 -0400, jim burns wrote:
> > that's the source of one of the missing features. Fixing it should
> be a
> > case of adding the option to libxl_domain_build_info in the IDL,
> > reacting to it in libxl__build_device_model_args_old and
> > libxl__build_device_model_args_new and parsing the config file
> option
> > into it in parse_config_data().
>
> Hopefully, the fix for 3) (vncconsole=1) is just as simple.

Rather than having libxl__build_device..._args handling things I think
you would want to call libxl_vncviewer_exec from xl, at roughly the same
sort of place as libxl_console_exec is called when -c is passed to
create, that is wherever autoconnect_console is called.

(aside: would a command line option similar to -c but for VNC be as/more
useful than the vncauto thing in the cfg?).

Ian.