[Xen-users] [XCP] Error when trying to import vmware images

Hi list,

I have recently migrated to XCP from Vmware Server 2 and have run into issues importing the VM's

Following citrix's guide I tried using XenCenter to do the import directly on the vmdk files
this resulted in XenCenter logging this error:

 "Failed to import. ---> System.Exception: Failed to import virtual disk file. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing."

Followed by a stack trace (I can attach full logs if requested)

I get this same error when trying to import exported OVF files from VMware Workstation

The citrix guide also mentions using xe vm-import, this gives me:

[root@xcp ~]# xe vm-import filename=/mnt/vmware/MyVM.vmdk sr-uuid=2c8e28b5-e0b4-2901-9635-1c824f43aeb6
The VM could not be imported.
msg: INTERNAL_ERROR: [ Failure("int_of_string") ]

I have also run "qemu-img convert -f vmdk MyVM.vmdk -O raw xen_compat.img" and tried to "xe vm-import" the img file but was presented with the same error.

What am I doing wrong here?