Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On 7 November 2011 00:09, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Also, since it's linux, you can play with lspci in your opensuse domu. Find
> out the pci device number for the emulated video card, then do an 'lspci -s
> pci-device-number -vvv', and look at the 'Region' lines for the amount of
> memory on the card. See if that memory varies by the setting of your videoram=
> config line.

Region 0: Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
Region 1: Memory at f3000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

and videoram is equal to 16 with stdvga=0, as you told me.

On 7 November 2011 00:31, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I see what you are doing. You use qemu-img to create the disk, then using
> qemu to install from a cdrom (since cdroms are only available in hvm mode),
> installing a xen enabled kernel, then using pygrub in your config to boot the
> created image as a pv domain.
Yes, that's it, but unfortunately the domU doesn't start in this way:
blank screen
after the grub kernel selection. So I came back to use the hvm domU
I've previously
created.

> That will work. Assuming you created your
> opensuse domu this way, as soon as you boot it with pygrub, it's now a pv
> domain, not an hvm domain, and videoram/stdvga no longer apply. Have I got
> this right?
Yes. But as said above, now consider that this pv domain has been cancelled.
Now I only have one opensuse domU and it is hvm. The only one that can boot.

On 7 November 2011 03:39, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2011-03/msg00090.html
Well, as far as I understand, it is a kernel configuration issue. Isn't it?
So, compiling the XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND module within the domU kernel should solve
the problem?

Thanks a lot!

Flavio