Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen

admin@xxxxxxx wrote:
Yes I spent a two days before coming here trying to get a feel for what is necessary.

You didn't give any hint of that.
There's a big difference between "I've read the docs/wiki/whatever but still don't follow" and "I can't be bothered reading anything" which is the impression people got.

The web resources are sketchy and pretty inconsequential.

That is already known, and it's why some people are putting much effort into improving it.

The response by Nick Kamis and Sehr Geehrter Herr Dettenbach, is an unnecessarily uncouth slap through the face no one deserves.

You aren't getting a lot of argument there.

I strongly suggest those who are tired dealing with new users create a new usergroup for advanced users and you all go there, and let (new to Xen) users have a Xen group they can help each other at their level. The name Xen-users group is deceiving based on the level of support you are willing to give newcombers.
We all have to start somewhere and most of you forgot that.

Except for the two constructive responses I received from Aaron and Andrew, the group serves no purpose for someone new to Xen.

You are so wrong there. That statement suggests you've spent no time looking in the list archives. There are lots of "newbie" threads, and most get help. The difference is that few start out like your first posting.

That again suggests to people you haven't put much effort into helping yourself - you may have put time in, your statement gives the impression you haven't. "If you aren't prepared to help you, why should anyone else" isn't too unreasonable a position to take when deciding who to give your time to.

You cannot have it both ways attacking new users who ADMIT in the first line of their posts to be new to Xen and then expect that new users will take up Xen.

As I wrote before, your posting came across as you wanting to be spoon fed without putting any effort yourself. That is likely to turn off a lot of people who might otherwise help you. New users who don't start with (what looks like) flamebait do get help.

I'm not attacking you, just trying to explain why I think you got the response you got.

--
Simon Hobson