Re: [Xen-users] OpenSuse 11 hvm domU: screen resolution up to 640x480

On Tue November 15 2011, 5:20:47 PM, jim burns wrote:
> > Well, now that the networking works, this problem has been solved. Let's
>
> Yeah, no response from Fajar, yet. I'll repost the problem with a different
> Subject line tomorrow, if no one responds.

Hmm - I'm reading the man page for qemu, and came across this sub-option to
the -vga type option:

           std Standard VGA card with Bochs VBE extensions.  If your guest OS
               supports the VESA 2.0 VBE extensions (e.g. Windows XP) and if
               you want to use high resolution modes (>= 1280x1024x16) then
               you should use this option.

Since changing the network card driver worked, and vesa seems to not want to
unload / hand off to cirrusfb, maybe we should try stdvga=1 again, but with
videoram=32. (Actually, as an experiment, try videoram=8 and 16 also. Then
check with lspci -vvv for the video device, and see if the size= field in the
first Region line changes.)