Re: [Xen-users] understanding memory hot-plug in a paravitual domU

Hi,
Everything that I've read said that you can't balloon the memory
beyond the maximum you specified in the config file when you created
the domain. (eg.
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Virtualization-en-US/virt-task-xm-create-manage-doms.html#id2645186)

So, no, based on the docs, the behaviour that you're seeing is
expected, and, no, you can't balloon higher than the initial memory
value.

Strange that xm mem-max isn't giving errors though.