[Xen-users] migrating to new hardware and Xen version

Hi Folks,

I'm about to migrate from some old hardware (32 bit) to newer hardware (64 bit with virtualization extensions), and in the process planning on migrating from Xen3 Dom0 on Debian Lenny, to Xen4 on Debian Squeeze. I'm planning, at least for a while, continuing to run a couple of Product VMs that are Xen3/Debian Lenny.

As I've been reminded by a recent thread, live migration doesn't work across different hardware (and I'm guessing there might be some problems across Xen3/4 Dom0s).

I've been assuming that I can bring down the VMs, migrate the data, then bring up the VMs unmodified on the new hardware/Dom0 configurations, but.... are there any gotchas I should be watching for, and/or any suggestions on steps to pave the way?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman